What Is Divorce Mediation?
When ending a marriage, even the most amicable of couples can find there are divorce issues they simply cannot agree upon. However, when negotiation attempts fail, it does not mean that spouses have to proceed directly to trial. In recent years, methods of alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation, have become an increasingly popular way to resolve complex divorce disputes.
During mediation, both parties will meet with a third-party neutral called a mediator. The mediator is there to facilitate conversations regarding any divorce issues which the couple cannot agree upon such as child custody, property division and alimony. The mediator does not take sides. Depending on your preferences, your attorney may or may not be present during the mediation sessions. However, it is always important to share resolution options with your attorney, before any agreements are made.
The Benefits Of Divorce Mediation
Mediation is becoming more popular for many reasons as it offers numerous benefits over trial, including:
- Mediation costs less than trial
- Mediation can spare you the stress associated with trial
- Mediation can help maintain civil relationships between divorcing parents
- You are in much more control of the outcome in mediation
How We Can Help
If you are interested in divorce mediation in Summerlin, Las Vegas, Henderson or elsewhere in Southern Nevada, the Standish Naimi Law Group can help in two ways:
- We represent family law clients during mediation: As your legal counsel, our attorneys can arrange for you and your spouse to meet with a mediator in order to resolve your divorce issues. We only work with the most respected private mediators in Southern Nevada, all of whom have extensive knowledge of the complex financial portfolios and child custody laws that may be involved in your divorce.
- Our attorneys can also act as family law mediators: For those who have already retained divorce representation, our lawyers are available to facilitate mediation as the mediators. We are on the list of court-recommended mediators in Southern Nevada, and consistently receive referrals from judges and other attorneys. We have extensive experience as mediators, are equipped to mediate the most complex family law issues, and have a strong track record of facilitating resolution thereby avoiding trial.