At Standish Naimi Law Group, we focus solely on family law, and our attorneys have the advanced experience to handle the most complex property division issues. We understand that your financial future depends on receiving a fair division of the marital assets. Our attorneys will do everything in their power to maximize your award and protect your financial interests.
Understanding Property Division In Nevada
Nevada is a community property state. This means that any property or debt acquired during your marriage is considered that of both the husband and the wife. There are certain exceptions to this law, however, and these exceptions make marital property a complicated issue. Hiring a divorce attorney with extensive experience in Nevada community property laws can make the difference in your case. Your financial future may hinge on the division of assets and debt, and you should not trust your future to an inexperienced lawyer.
Addressing The Complex Issues In Property Divisions
At Standish Naimi Law Group, we help clients see the big picture when it comes to property division. As your legal counsel, we will advise on:
- Real property
- Retirement and/or other investments
- Personal property
- Luxury items
- Hidden assets
- Community waste
- Debts and liabilities
- Tax implications
In many cases, our clients face additional complexities during property division. We are equipped to resolve a wide range of complicated issues, including those involving:
- Sophisticated financial portfolios: Including stock options, real estate investments, investment accounts, business income, retirement and bank accounts, and offshore financial accounts.
- Commingled property: We work with experts who can trace assets and determine what is actually separate versus community property.
- Hidden assets: Our lawyers work with private investigators and forensic accountants who can uncover hidden assets.
- Business valuations: For business owners and their spouses, we work with accredited business valuation experts to determine the true value of the business.